Friday, December 31, 2010

Zoom and doom, part 2

We've progressed from "psychological warfare" to "middle school dating" --- which, I suppose, is pretty much the same thing.

I did a good bit of hand-wringing last night and this morning, not to mention lots of mucking with the cars.com website, looking at pictures, trying to price out some good options. Plus we were still playing a waiting game with the Mazda dealership, hence the allusion to middle-school dating: Will he call? Should I call him? Will that make me look to eager? But then what if he doesn't call at all? How will he ever know I like him? And then I swore I wouldn't think about it at all and just put it aside. And then I thought about it anyway, all the more obsessively. Oh, the drama.

Then I started flirting with a different car just to make me feel better about possibly not getting the Mazda: the Ford Fiesta. We test drove one this morning, in electric lime green (ew).


It handles really nicely and gets great gas mileage. Michael was a big fan, but I didn't feel quite as comfortable driving it. Perhaps my expectations had already been set, but the steering wheel felt too thick for my hands and the seat didn't work with my short legs as well. Oh, and just to push the middle-school drama quotient to the max, the Ford dealership that we went to was attached to the Mazda dealership, under the same name. So I could cast longing glances across the parking lot and wondering if they were thinking of me.

Finally I broke down and called them after driving the Fiesta to see if they would lower the price at all, which they wouldn't. So we priced out some options on the Fiesta and headed for the grocery store. To be continued.

Oh, and happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment