Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The non-dairy double-take

My newest favorite snack:


They're bite-sized chocolate-coated vanilla ice cream nibbles, and I love them with an irrational passion. The nutritional info is a little scary, since each serving has 230 calories and contains something like 50% of my daily fat intake, but reading the fine print reveals that a serving is about 15 pieces. I'm perfectly content with four or five pieces, so I'm all set.

Plus, they're made with almond milk. So they're vegan and suitable for lactose-intolerant relatives of various sorts, because they're non-dairy.

But hold on a second --- what's up with the packaging?

Have a look:

No, look closer:

Does that make any sense whatsoever? Are they dairy or aren't they? Honestly, someone needs to explain this to me, since it's making my head hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment