Monday, June 29, 2009

Hello, world.

Well, it's finally happened. I have a blog. Welcome. This poor, unenlightened world has gone long enough without knowing my random thoughts about random matters --- no more!

To be fair, I'm only here because I'm sick of using mass emails to update my travel journal (they're soooo 2006). It's also a touch of cousin-rivalry, if such a thing exists. You see, my cousin Ben has had a tendency to follow me around. We both went to college together, so it was a little hard to tell who followed whom, but just this year he started his medical residency at the same place I'd completed my graduate work the year before. So clearly he's taking his cues from me. But. He put up his travel blog first, and so I feel obliged to play catch up.

It's also the case that whatever I do, Ben has done it first, and worse. Example: In college, I bleached a streak of my hair and then dyed it bright pink. Ben pierced his eyebrow. Example 2: At the moment, I'm in Australia, and I will be posting about my travels here for the next month or so, mostly involving touring around, snorkeling, and hanging out with philosophers at various conferences and universities. Ben has been in Africa, contracting rabies. Thanks, cuz, for making me look good by comparison.

On with the show!

Update: A shoutout is also due to Jessica Charlap, who first introduced me to the poem from which this blog takes its name. Thanks, Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment